ARTHUR (2011) (IMDB)
Remake-o-rama. A wealthy drunk spends his life in a protected environment of fun and debauchery until he falls in love.
- It has some very entertaining bits.
- Dame Helen Mirren steals every scene she’s in and has the best lines (“Does Minnie Mouse know you stole her dress or did she hand it over voluntarily?”)
- Russell Brand does a pretty good job…
- …but he’s no Dudley Moore.
- Again, a totally unnecessary, inferior remake. Luckily it bombed at the box office so a sequel is out of the question.
- Worth a watch if you simply need something lighthearted, otherwise steer clear.